Kickstart your summer. Learn to play an instrument.
Sign up today for FREE summer music camp!
At the Summer Jazz Prep camp you will pick your instrument, begin reading music and learn to play songs in a beginning band.
Every student gets:
- a free JazzED t-shirt
- an instrument to use at camp*
*An Instrument Loan Form is required if your student wants to take their instrument home after camp each day. Students are invited to keep playing in the Jazz Prep Ensembles in the fall! In most cases, students who register for the fall can even keep their instrument over the summer with an Instrument Loan Form.
2018 CAMP DATES & SESSIONS
Monday, June 25 - Friday June 30
- Morning session: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Afternoon session: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Please note all students are required to attend Choose Your Instrument Day prior to camp on Sunday, April 22. More details below.
Open to students entering 4th, 5th and 6th grade in the fall. No prior experience required.
This a free summer camp and includes the use of a musical instrument while at camp.
Pick from Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Trumpet, Trombone, or Upright Bass.
LOCATION & PARKING
Camp is at JazzED in the MLK FAME Community Center, 3201 E Republican St (map). Look for free street parking or park in the lot behind the building. The building entrance and parking lot entrance are on E Republican St.
All students must register for the camp. Click here to register your student.
CHOOSE YOUR INSTRUMENT DAY
All registered students are required to attend Choose Your Instrument Day prior to camp on Sunday, April 22 at the MLK FAME Community Center Auditorium (map).
- Morning Session campers come from 11am-12:30pm on this day.
- Afternoon Session campers come from 12:30pm-2pm on this day.
- Students will come and try out ALL the instruments, meet the coaches and then choose their top three favorite instruments. This will then inform what instrument they play at the Summer Prep Camp in June.
- If you know you cannot make it to Choose Your Instrument Day, please contact JazzED Education Director Kelly Clingan.
What parents are saying...
Wondering how we can offer a truly free camp for so many kids? Thanks to a grant from the Raynier Institute & Foundation and the support of individual donors all students get to attend for free.
If your child is attending AND you can afford to make a donation to keep this camp free for all students this year (and years to come) please click here. Thank you!
Questions? Please contact us by email or call 206-324-JAZZ (5299).